Monday, 3 August 2015
Time Out (Adventures of L-Plate Gran)
It has been, as they say, a quiet week. You must be mad and Little G are currently away on a family summer holiday in Devon. First exposure to sea and beach for the baby. Sand in, sand out, as they say. So I have had time to breathe, stand back and take stock.
Things I like about minding a small baby
* The use of totally legal weaponry in the form of a purple buggy with 'edges'
* Unconditional love
* The challenge of avoiding collateral damage when removing unsavoury objects from mouth
* The feel of two little arms around my neck when I pick her up
* The company of somebody for whom a trip to the swings is cause for massive celebration
* Realising that I'm not quite as unfit as I thought
* Reading books with VERY simple plots and LOTS of pictures that I don't have to review on Amazon
* Hosting lavish 'tea parties' which never end in unacceptable weight gain
Things I don't like about minding a small baby
* The 'missing her terribly' feeling when she goes on holiday
To be continued ..... ......
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Ah Carol,enjoy your rest. I have my two tomorrow and on Friday for the weekend. I've not had them both staying overnight so how I'll cope I don't know,lol.ReplyDelete
bet you'll love itDelete
Savour every minute, Carol - it's horrifying how quickly these baby days pass.ReplyDelete
I'm already realising this....BooDelete
I can just feel the love...ReplyDelete
That bit about the arms round your neck. I know that feeling and I miss it sooo much. Enjoy this week to recharge your batteries and prepare yourself for the lovely welcome from her when they return.ReplyDelete
Oh Ros...the thought that soon, she may be too old for all the stuff we do is already making me sad....Delete