|Sue Moorcrof: A pensive moment|
She is also a really good self-publicist, which is no bad thing. Hearing that I was offering guest blogs to other writers, Sue seized the opportunity of a lifetime to favour us all with her witty observations on life. Her blog is entitled: Ten ways to cheer me up.
Take it away, Sue:
1. Ask for a multitude of copy documents. Insist you haven't received them and ask for them again. Then ring back and say you have them all - hooray! You don't even have to apologise. If you have them, I forgive you.
2. Arrive to fit my carpets, on time and with everything you need. Make a lovely job of it. Don't mark my walls.
|One drink good; two drinks better|
4. Reply to my emails, especially anxious ones, promptly - even if you're trying to take six weeks off over the summer.
5. If you're a weather forecaster, tell me that the sun is coming. Be right.
6. If I save up for something special, ensure that it works when I get it home.
7. tell me that you have read all of my books and you didn't buy them second-hand.
8. Tell me you enjoyed my books and are buying them for all your friends for every birthday and Christmas,. (or that you've mentioned them to your movie producer friend and he wants to make them into films. That's good too.)
9. Bring a bottle of ice-cold pinot grigio and tell me funny stories in the sunshine when we drink it.
10. Love my favourite authors as much as I do.
Sue can be found at www.suemoorcrft.com. She blogs at http://suemoorcroft.wordpress.com/ Friend her on Facebook or follow her on Twitter.