Tuesday 29 December 2015

Nearly New (Adventures of L-Plate Gran)


Even as you are reading this, 2015 is slinking shamefacedly off, and a New Year is wedging its feet firmly into the door. Looking back, I am astonished at how much Little G and I have accomplished together over the past year.

She has progressed from crawling to walking, running and dancing. I have progressed from kicking the Purple Buggy With A Mind Of Its Own to actually being able to put bits of it together, (OK, I have to ring You must be mad for verbal instructions first, but at least I can do it).

We are now a known entity. As we progress round town, people in shops wave to us (well, her). In our usual eateries, Little G gets the sort of service most of you can only dream of - how long does it take you to get your crayons and drawing paper brought to your table? Thought so.

I have passed through various pain barriers and come out the other side. I no longer fall asleep in the bath after a day of our adventures, though I am still mainlining prosecco. I can sometimes attempt whole sentences. Soon, they may even begin to make sense.

But the main development has been the creation of 'brand Little G & me'. We are now close friends, allies against a world of strangeness and incomprehensibility. We move through the universe at our own pace, finding pleasure and fascination in the mundane, daft and insignificant.

We love each other completely. We forgive each other unconditionally. And at the end of the day, that's all we need to make the magic that is us work.


To be continued ...    .....


8 comments:

  1. Your sanity saviour in more ways than one! Bless her! I for one shall continue to follow this blog with much affection for you both xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I know that feeling - and it's precious, for both of you. Do hope 2016 is kind to us all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! ... "We love each other completely. We forgive each other unconditionally. And at the end of the day, that's all we need to make the magic that is us work."... Beautiful!

    Looking forward to your 2016 adventures :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have loved reading about your adventures with Little G and look forward to more in the coming years. Happy New Year to you and your beautiful family xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw - I love this blog - little G is lucky to have a gran like you. Happy New Year to you all! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awe, lovely Carol. I have delivered a four year old and a two year old back home after having them for three days. Words can't explain how exhausted I am. Off to mainline the processco.

    ReplyDelete

So here's your chance! Talk to me. Comments will be visible after moderation.